This page contains the chronology for the year. We summarize in this page all the relevant events regarding fountain pens that happened in 1917. We also list, if present in our database, any patent applied in the year, and also the ads or document scans which publication date is in the same year.
- John Holland dies, his sons take over the management
- the American Fountain Pen Company becomes the Moore Pen Company
- Pagliero is founded by Luigi Pagliero in Settimo Torinese
- W. A. Sheaffer Pen Company create Morrison Plow Works plants
- Stilus is founded by Emilio Pecco in Torino as Pecco e C. Stilus
- Patent US-1268206, applied in 1917, by Martin Borbeck, General Manufactoring Co., Houston Fountain Pen. Self-filling fountain-pen.
- Patent GB-110270, applied in 1917, by William Livsey, Lang - Curzon - Summit. Improvements in or relating to Fountain and Stylographic Pens.
- Patent US-1279186, applied in 1917, by John C. Wahl, William H. Odlum, Wahl Eversharp. Clip for pencil and the like.
- Patent US-1250533, applied in 1917, by Levi D. Van Valenburg, Unbranded. Retaining clip for fountain-pens.
- Patent FR-528716, applied in 1917, by Theodor Kovacs, Günther Wagner - Pelikan. Plume à dessin notamment pour porte-plume réservoir.
- Patent GB-128009, applied in 1917, Conklin Pen Manufacturing Co.. Improvements in and relating to Fountain Pen Clips.
- Patent US-1267575, applied in 1917, by Frank H. Mooney, Conklin Pen Manufacturing Co.. Fountain pen clip.
- Patent US-1277613, applied in 1917, by William Livsey, Lang - Curzon - Summit. Fountain and stylographic pens.